Got some ice buildup on piping, air units or the structure itself? OSHA has been cracking down on this lately. This news story from Australia is a good illustration as to why…
A 30-year-old Taiwanese national died when part of a ceiling collapsed at a smallgoods factory in the NSW Hunter region.
Emergency crews using a power saw recovered the man’s body at the Primo abattoir at Scone at 1.45pm (AEST) on Wednesday.
About 300 people were evacuated from the site at about 7.15am after reports of an ammonia gas leak.Fire and Rescue NSW said it was thought a build-up of ice from the cooling system had caused the ceiling to fall.
Police will inform the dead man’s family before releasing his identity.
If that doesn’t motivate you to remove ice buildup, then nothing will.