US Labor Department’s OSHA cites Rochester, NY, milk products manufacturer, proposes more than $200,000 in fines, for repeat and serious hazards.
$153k of the citations are Repeat citations.
- Failing to address the hazards of oil draining in the PHA.
- Failing to address the inadequate ventilation of the machinery room in the PHA.
- Failing to address work on platforms near relief points in the PHA.
- Failing to have a scheduled completion date for 8 items in the 2009 and 2011 PHA.
- SOPs for a compressor listed PSVs as a safety but both the P&ID, PHA and field inspection revealed they were not installed.
- Failing to implement written procedures regarding torque specifications for installation of a regulator
- Failing to implement written procedures regarding replacement of a relief device if it lifts during service
- Failing to implement written procedures regarding inspections and testing of high level alarms.
US Labor Department’s OSHA cites Sorrento Lactalis, proposes $241,000 in fines for repeat and serious hazards at Buffalo, NY, plant
$192k of the citations are Repeat citations.
- Failing to label valves and level switches.
- Failing to have written oil drain procedures for various equipment.
- Failing to have written procedures for inspection and maintenance of piping supports, vessels, process alarms and ammonia pumps.
- Failing to test safety cutouts on a compressor
- Installing a valve without conducting a Management of Change procedure